Gabby Otchere Darko, the de facto Prime Minister in the Akufo Addo govt visited John Dramani Mahama yesterday to beg him to consider the two political parties working together. My brothers and sisters, who would have thought this day would come?
“I received Mr Gabby Otchere Darko, at his request, at my residence on Tuesday 21st December 2021. Among the issues we discussed was the desire of Ghanaians to see the two major political parties working together for the interest of the nation.
We discussed, also, how dialogue can be deployed to ensure Parliamentary issues are agreed upon consensually before coming on the floor to avoid what happened recently in the House.
We further discussed opening channels of communication between the leaders of the two parties including a possible meeting with the President at a future date,” – John Mahama stated in a Facebook post.
Why must Gabby who has the penchant for treating Mahama with contempt to this day, be begging Mahama for leadership support? What has been Gabby’s posture towards Mahama and the NDC?
1) NPP wants to break the 8 to protect gains from “Mahama the Disaster” – Gabby
2) Mahama himself was a crisis – Gabby
3) Investors won’t go where there’s corruption – Gabby jabs Mahama
4) Gabby Otchere-Darko Insults Mahama
In 2012, Gabby described Mahama with the word: “Oafish”
Oafish means a clumsy stupid person. The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary also defines an oaf as a stupid person. The Free Online dictionary says oafish is “A person regarded as stupid”. The Collins Dictionary to defines oafish as “a stupid person.”
So, by saying that Mahama commented somewhat “oafishly,” is to simply say he commented stupidly. Isn’t Mahama “Oafish” anymore?
Vindication, they say, lies in the womb of time. The people who insulted, berated and mocked Mahama day and night…the people who said Mahama’s bad leadership had plummeted Ghana into the state of dystopia…the people who peddled falsehoods to make Mahama unpopular so that Ghanaians would reject him at the polls for them to take over power are today begging to work with Mahama. Wow!
Few questions on my mind:
1) Who sent Gabby to Mahama’s house?
2) In what capacity was Gabby speaking on behalf of govt?
3) Why is Gabby begging Mahama to meet Akufo Addo in the future?
4) Why would Gabby want NPP to work together with Mahama led NDC? Was the NPP present at the Senchi Consensus when they were invited?
5) Is this not the same Mahama that Gabby and his people labelled as incompetent? Why would competent NPP be seeking support from incompetent Mahama?
6) Is this not the same Mahama Gabby and his people said is corrupt, insensitive, clueless and unfit to make decisions for Ghana? What has changed?
7) Are these not the same people who’re still blaming Mahama for every problem in Ghana even after 5years in office?
8) Why do they want to involve Mahama in the wrong direction they’re taking Ghana?
9) Is it the case that Messiah Bawumia and competent Akufo Addo are no longer capable of providing the superb leadership they promised?
10) Is this not an attempt to drag Mahama into their mess so they can tag him as an active participant in their failure when it’s time for accountability?
When Mahama said these people must stop criticizing him because they’ve not managed anything before in their lives, they took offence. Look at them now, pathetic!